The Wire Reinforcement Institute (WRI) is the leading association of manufacturers, allied industries, professionals, and educators engaged in the production and application of structural welded wire reinforcement. The Institute advances the concrete industry by providing technical, outreach, and promotional programs and materials on the applications and benefits of structural welded wire reinforcement.
About Wire Reinforcement Institute (WRI)
WRI's goal is to advance the understanding of the benefits of using welded wire reinforcement fabric—steel reinforcement that can be used in virtually any structural application across the full range of concrete construction.
Benefits of Welded Wire Reinforcement (WWR)
- Unlike competitive products, WWR is cold-worked, giving it higher yield strength
- Produced in preformed sheets that eliminate time-consuming job-site layout and tying
- Saves time, labor and dollars
- ACI Standards and codes govern its use
- WWR demonstrates unparalleled strength and endurance in infrastructure construction of many types.
WWR is a non-prestressed, high-strength steel reinforcement for structural concrete, with a longstanding presence in reinforced concrete design codes and standards.
Join Our Email List
For Updates and Newsletters