WRI News April 2020
Do The Five
A crisis wish:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of us are feeling the tightening of the purse strings and anxiety of the health crisis itself. Our members of the Wire Reinforcement Institute are no different. We wish you and your loved ones the very best during these trying times. In the meantime, working from a distance, we are upgrading our technical resources to better inform member customers and the greater engineering and architectural communities about the construction industry's best-kept secret -- welded wire reinforcement (WWR).
One way we may be able to help you navigate your virtual workload is to help you fulfill some licensing educational requirements. WRI offers two AIA CEU courses, hosted by Hanley Wood University online. The links are below.
We wish you good health and when our economy jumps back after the resolution of this health challenge, you can be assured that we will be here for you.
What you can find on our site
- Links to two courses
- APPS to calculate wire size and spacing. Available in iOS, Android and Windows.
- "Comprehensive Guide for the Specification of Welded Wire Reinforcement"
- Two videos providing an overview and history of welded wire reinforcement - "Best Kept Secret" and "Excellence Set in Concrete"
- An audio podcast on "Cast-in-Place" welded wire reinforcement with WRI Technical Consultant Paul Aubee
Looking for another course to add to your credentials? WRI is exploring opportunities to collaborate on future courses of interest to our members and stakeholders. We would like to hear what you think. What subject would you like to see us offer? Send your ideas to: email@example.com
Have You Seen Our Recent Releases?
- Welded Wire Reinforcement - A Proven Quality and Profitable Choice in Construction
- Welded Wire Reinforcement Fabrication Has Plain and Deformed Wire Options
- Pre-Bent Welded Wire Reinforcement Mats Can Save on Installed Costs